Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Colorful and unique...

Posted by PicasaI want to share with you my latest creations. Using a variety of materials like lampwork glass, cloisoné, serpentine ( the stone used by our Taínos to make jewelry), czech glass and porcelain beads this necklaces evoke nature and our tropical Island. The wire I used is 16 ga. bronze wire. I'm trying to use less sterling silver because it is too expensive now and bronze wire is very sturdy and beautiful. You will see them soon in my new store. Today I received a call saying that my ceramic beads and pendants are ready. I'm going to pick them up to glaze them and put them again in the kiln for a second firing. As soon as I have them ready I will show them to you.

Estas son mis últimas creaciones hechas con lampwork glass, serpentina (la piedra usada por los Taínos para su joyería), porcelana, cristal checo y cloisoné. Estos collares evocan la naturaleza y nuestra Isla tropical. El alambre usado es bronce de 16 ga. Estoy usando más el bronce debido a que la plata está muy cara y el bronce es muy fuerte y bonito. Pronto los verán en mi nueva tienda. Hoy recibí una llamada avisándome que mis piezas en cerámica ya están listas. Las buscaré hoy para pintarlas y barnizarlas y ponerlas nuevamente a quemar. En cuento las tenga listas se las mostraré.