Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hi, Everyone!!



It has been a long time since my last post... more than four months! Wonderful things have happened since then. I have been creating new designs and using new materials like paper beads (from my friend Karen aka runswithscissors4 at Etsy), fabric flowers (my new line of corsage necklaces), and a lot of filigree that I just love. I have been experimenting with mixed media art and have created some new art pendants that I'll show in my next post.


I will have an important jewelry show next Saturday (April 18) with my friend and jewelry designer Adela Rosa aka Yarid'atabex and that's the reason why I'm not posting new items in my Etsy Shop for this last month. On Sunday I'll be adding to my shop the jewelry that I don´t sell at the show.

Here is a preview of some of my new designs:

At home, everything is fantastic. We are adding a small studio to the house that is going to be my jewelry studio! and next, we will be remodeling some of the windows. I 'll have pictures of my new studio as soon as it is finished (about one month).

My dear lovely son Rauli (Luisra) is in Houston with his classmates and professor Ana Georas visiting Rice University. They'll be sharing experiences with other architect students and having and exposition of their latest designs. We miss him...

*********************************************************************************

Desde hace aproximadamente cuatro meses no escribo nada en este blog. He estado bien ocupada con mi joyería y nuevos diseños. Experimentando con beads de papel (de mi amiga Karen de runswithscissors4), flores de tela (para mi línea de collares corsage) y filigree (filigrana) en metal en especial bronce antiguo. También he estado experimentando con "mixed media art" y he desarrollado una línea de pendants con mis propias ilustraciones que estaré mostrando en mi próximo Post.

El próximo sábado 18 de abril tengo un importante show con mi amiga diseñadora de joyería, Adela Rosa, también conocida como Yari D'atabex y por esa razón no he estado actualizando mi tienda desde hace como un mes. Lo que no venda es este show lo estaré incluyendo en mi tienda desde el próximo domingo.

En casa, todo fantástico. Estamos añadiendo lo que será un pequeño estudio para mi joyería, al fin! (próximamente fotos) que estará terminado como en un mes y luego estaremos remodelando algunas ventanas de la casa.

Mi amado hijo Rauli, de nuevo de viaje, se encuentra en Houston con sus compañeros de clase y la Profesora Ana Georas. Están visitando Rice University y compartiendo con otros estudiantes de arquitectura y exhibiendo sus últimos diseños. lo extrañamos mucho...

No comments: