Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Meet Sabina

I am always looking for new ways of expressions and I found plastic and visual arts since I was a little girl. I like book illustration, painting, and ceramic. I studied drawing and painting at the University of Puerto Rico with well known book illustrator Walter Torres but I consider myself a self-taugtht.

Here is my mixed media art illustration Sabina. Art is part of my daily life and I have integrated it into my jewelry. Sabina belongs to the Naive Art style that is characterized by a child like simplicity. This style is very fresh and employs bright colors and a strong-rhythmic design.

Mixed media is a technique involving the use of two or more artistic media such as ink, water color, acrylic paint, paper, fabric, and other related media. In the case of Sabina I'm using acrylic paint, archival ink, and an antique music sheet. I made the wings with part of a 1904 musical score!

Please, stay tuned because Sabina is going to be in one of my art pendants pretty soon. Art prints of Sabina are going to be in my Etsy shop too. My shop update is going to be next June.

Have a nice day!
Doris

4 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Doris!

Sabina is so charming! Your jewelry is lovely also!

Thanks for visiting my new blog, and for your very sweet comment!

Lisa IS such a sweetie! I've met such nice people who are visiting me because of her blog!

Smiles,
Paulette

Julie said...

Doris ~ your words were so sweet on my post ~ thank you soo much! This little lady is lovely & I think her expression is so sweet! Have a great weekend ; ) !

Doris said...

Thank you Paulette, Thank you Julie. I´m learning a lot through your blogs and it is beautiful to meet people like you!

Vintage Inspired Jewelry said...

Sabina Is beautiful. I love mixed media Doris. Thank you so very much for visiting my blog today. Lets hope It's fixed for good. Have a great week end..Kathi