Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Paper Beads and Art Pendants

I few months ago I found this wonderful shop at Etsy that sells paper beads. The owner is friend Karen and her shop is RunswithScissors. She also sells beautiful custom map bracelets. Please take a look at her shop and at her blog http://www.runswithscissors4.blogspot.com/ where she recently shows two of my new necklaces using green dots paper beads from her shop. I already sold those necklaces in my last show but, there will be new designs with paper beads at my etsy shop soon. Paper beads are beautiful and ecofriendly.

With these necklaces I began my art print pendant collection.



The first necklace has a gorgeous antique illustration of a dancing goddess with rich orange tonalities. This illustration was printed on high quality artistic photo paper, set in an antique bronze filigree cameo, and it is protected with layers of artists' varnish gloss that is non yellowing.




I'm very happy and proud to show you my next necklace that was made with paper and seed beads and it has one of my own illustrations "Musical Girl".


The technique used for the pendant is the same as the one that I used with the first necklace, the only difference is that the illustration is a print of my mixed media illustration. I hope you like it cause I'll be making more pendants with some of my illustrations. Photos are not too good, just wanted to give and idea.

No comments: